What is Pain O Soma 350mg?
Pain O Soma is a muscle relaxant that treats and manages muscle spasms, sprain, and muscle discomfort. It belongs to the class of drugs called carbamate, and it is used for musculoskeletal pain. The drug’s effect begins half an hour and lasts up to six hours. The FDA approves it, and it is approved for short-term use as using it for an extended period may result in intolerance.
How Pain O Soma 350mg works?
Pain 0 Soma is a muscle relaxant that works in the CNS. It affects communication between the Central nervous system and nerves to produce muscle relaxation and pain relief. Soma is classified as a schedule IV controlled Substance Act, and it has recognized the potential for abuse and addiction. Carisoprodol has a rapid 30-minute onset action, and the active duration is three to four hours. It is advised to take rest and physical therapy along with the Pain 0 Soma for quick relief.
What are some side effects of Pain 0 Soma 350 mg?
Pain 0 Soma may have some side effects, which are temporary and will wash off in a couple of days. In case any side effects worsen or persist, seek immediate medical attention.
- loss of bladder control
- Irregular heartbeat
- Upset stomach
- Skin rash
Severe side effects of Pain 0 Soma include
- Swollen eye
- Allergic reaction (hives, allergy swelling on skin, throat)
What are some drug interactions of Pain 0 Soma 350 mg?
Pain O Soma may interact with other medications, and it may increase or decrease the effectiveness of the medicine; therefore, it is essential to inform your healthcare provider about it.
- Alcohol, sedative and barbiturates, benzodiazepine (lorazepam diazepam Klonopin), and other narcotics may potentiate the effect, which may cause CNS depression.
- St.John Wort (herbal supplement) rifampin( medication for T.B) increases Carisoprodol elimination which hampers the effectiveness and efficacy of the drug.
- PPI inhibitors- Omeprazole and fluvoxamine decrease PAIN O SOMA elimination from the system. As a result, it increases the risk of severe side effects.
Who should not use Pain O Soma 350mg?
Pain o soma 350mg is not safe for everyone. If you are dealing with any health issue, then it is not safe, and you must inform your doctor about it
- You Must avoid Pain 0 Soma if you have porphyria (a skin and nervous system disorder).
- Kidney or liver disease
- Seizure/ epilepsy
- Sulfa allergy
- If you are allergic to any active or inactive component of Pain o SOMA
- It is not ADVISABLE for children UNDER 18 years and older adults more than 65 years of age
In addition, if you have any other health condition, then it is essential to inform your healthcare provider, who will adjust the drug dose.
How to take Pain O Soma 350mg?
- The dose of the drug will vary, and your doctor will prescribe your dose as per indication and allied condition.
- Take medication as advised by your doctor, and read the instructions before taking meds.
- The recommended dose is 250mg to 350 mg daily and at bedtime.
- The recommended maximum dosage of SOMA is up to three weeks.
- If you are expecting a mother, you must inform your doctor beforehand.
- In case of a missed dose, take the dose as soon as you remember and if it is time for the next dose, take the subsequent dose. Do not club the quantity. Take a single dose at a time.
Soma is an excellent muscle relaxant, and it is approved for short-term use; this is why it is essential to take it under the supervision of your doctor and as told. Taking it for an extended period may result in intolerance.